Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are you located?
- When should I arrive?
- What should I bring with me?
- How do I prepare for my test?
- What about the sleep evaluation? Will I be able to sleep during the sleep study?
- Can my family come with me?
- When can I leave in the morning?
- When will I get my results?
Where are you located?
We have 3 locations:
Glendale Location: Our address is 6677 West Thunderbird Road, Building E. Glendale, Arizona 85306. We are located on the Southeast Corner of Thunderbird and 67th Avenue in the Paseo Ranch Plaza.
Peoria Location: Our address is 13943 North 91st Avenue, Suite B-104. Peoria, Arizona 85381. We are located just west of the Loop 101 at the northeast corner of Thunderbird Road and 91st Avenue in the Desert Harbor Professional Plaza.
Surprise Location: Our address is 14877 West Bell Road, Suite 100, Surprise, Arizona 85374. We are located on the southeast corner of Bell Road and Parkview Place across from the Post Office.
2. When should I arrive?
Most patient appointments are scheduled between 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Please remember to bring all paperwork with you to your appointment.
3. What should I bring with me?
- Insurance card and driver’s license.
- Medications. Continue your normal medications unless otherwise advised by your physician.
- Pajamas (two-piece) or something comfortable to sleep in.
- CPAP mask, if applicable.
- Nebulizer if applicable.
OPTIONAL TO BRING:
Anything you would normally need to bring for an overnight stay at a hotel.
- Shaving cream and razor
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lotion, lip balm, comb, sleeping mask, ear plugs
- Change of clothes for the morning
- Favorite pillow or blanket
4. How do I prepare for my test?
To prepare for your sleep study we ask that you read the following instructions.
- Do not take naps the day of your sleep study as naps may decrease the quality of your sleep that night.
- Try to limit the amount of caffeine you consume on the day of your study.
- Bathe or shower to include washing your hair before your test as clean skin improves the application of the monitoring sensors.
- Do not apply body lotions, hair conditioners, hair creams or tonics.
- Remove colored nail polish as the color may interfere with the oxygen sensor.
- Complete the Patient Sleep History Questionnaire included in your welcome packet. If you know someone who routinely observes your sleep behaviors, have that person complete the “Observations of Others” section of the questionnaire.
- Review the HIPAA form, the Informed Consent and the Financial Agreement prior to your arrival in the lab. These forms will be reviewed with you by our staff before you sign them.
5. What about the sleep evaluation? Will I be able to sleep during the sleep study?
The sleep evaluation is painless and non-invasive. Specially trained technologists will apply about a dozen small sensors to your scalp, chest and legs. We will be monitoring your brain waves, breathing, heart rate, oxygen levels, eye movements, leg movements, and even muscle spasms. These sensors will not prohibit you from moving around in bed and may be temporarily disconnected by the technologists if you need to use the bathroom. Most patients fall asleep within half an hour of beginning the sleep study and sleep as soundly as they might at home.
6. Can my family come with me?
Family members may accompany you to the sleep center; however, when the testing procedure begins they must leave the center unless special arrangements have been made.
7. When can I leave in the morning?
In most cases, we will awaken you between 5:30 and 6:30 a.m. depending on when you started your test. We can wake you earlier if you request. After you have been disconnected, you may take a shower and get ready for your day. We will check you out by 7:00 a.m. Coffee, juice and breakfast bars will be available if you would like a morning snack.
8. When will get my results?
Your results will be sent to your doctor within 7 business days.